Many companies, universities, libraries, and individuals regularly donate their used computers and other gear to WCE. They are an integral part of our success.
If we have a Chapter near you, you can arrange a time to drop-off your equipment. Some chapters have volunteers who can make pick-ups of 8 full sets of computers or more. If we are picking-up working monitors only, we ask for a donation fo $10 each. No Chapter nearby? You can mail your working Pentium 4 desktop or laptop computer (does not make sense to mail CRT [large] monitors) to: World Computer Exchange, 936 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, Massachusetts 02045.
If you have a large technology donation, contact Donations@WorldComputerExchange.org and we will try to make arrangements to get your donation and provide you with tax receipts in Canada or the USA.
Gear we can use - working only please
Non-qualifying Equipment: If you have a computer or equipment that is not on our ‘needs’ list and cannot find another home for it, please dispose of it properly rather than place it in the trash. Many municipalities now have recycling programs for old equipment that recovers valuable metals keeps the many toxic metals and other parts out of landfills. There is often a small charge for proper disposal. Contact your local recycling coordinator or Department of Public Works for more information.
- Pentium 4 and above desktop computers
- Pentium 3, Pentium M and above laptops with their power adaptors - and bags when possible
- Digital projectors for school computer labs
- Webcams for school computer labs and digital cameras
- LCD flat screen monitors
- Extra RAM (512 Megs and above)
- Extra Hard Drives (40 gig minimum)
- English keyboards, mice, cables and power cords
- French keyboards
- Spanish keyboards
- Network gear: working network switches, routers, and hubs, EtherNet cards and cable
- USB thumb drives and USB multi ports
- Scanners with cables and software
- Digital microscopes
- UPSes (Uninterrupted Power Supplies) with working batteries
- Printers: working dot matrix, laser, and inkjet printers with their cartridges, software & cables taped to them (WCE Boston only accepts lasers)
- 3-in-1 printers
- Recent internal and external modems
- Recent internal and external DVD drives
- Microphones and earphones
- Working and nonworking cell phones
- Mini van for equipment pickups
- 4 Wheel Drive vehicle for use in Tanzania
Macs: We only accept working G4 LAPTOPS at 936 Nantasket Ave, Hull, Mass. 02045 USA. We also accept all Intel CPU based Apple laptops and desktops at Hull. All computers must be in working in condition. If it's not working, please contact WCE.
How to tell if your computer is a Pentium 4
Usually there is a small sticker on the right front of your computer toward the bottom of the face of your computer that says "Pentium 4".