Many companies, universities, libraries, and individuals regularly donate their used computers and other gear to WCE. They are an integral part of our success.
If we have a Chapter near you, you can arrange a time to drop-off your equipment. Some chapters have volunteers who can make pick-ups of 8 full sets of computers or more. If we are picking-up working monitors only, we ask for a donation fo $10 each. No Chapter nearby? You can mail your working Pentium 4 desktop or laptop computer (does not make sense to mail CRT [large] monitors) to: World Computer Exchange, 936 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, Massachusetts 02045.
If you have a large technology donation, contact Donations@WorldComputerExchange.org and we will try to make arrangements to get your donation and provide you with tax receipts in Canada or the USA.
Gear we can use - working only please
Non-qualifying Equipment: If you have a computer or equipment that is not on our ‘needs’ list and cannot find another home for it, please dispose of it properly rather than place it in the trash. Many municipalities now have recycling programs for old equipment that recovers valuable metals keeps the many toxic metals and other parts out of landfills. There is often a small charge for proper disposal. Contact your local recycling coordinator or Department of Public Works for more information.
- Computers: Working Duo Core or Pentium 4 (mimimum 2 GHz) and above PC desktops and laptops (with their power adapters) and tablets
- Monitors: LCD flat screen (only)
- Keyboards: English, French, and Spanish
- Mice, cables and power cords
- Printers: working laser and 3-in-1 printers
- Scanners with cables and softwareNetwork gear: working network switches, routers, and hubs, EtherNet cards and cable
- Digital projectors and digital microscopes for school computer labs
- Webcams for school computer labs and digital cameras
- Microphones and earphones
- Extra RAM (512 Megs and above)
- Recent internal and external DVD drives
- Extra Hard Drives for laptops or desktops (minimum 80 gigs)
- USB thumb drives and USB hub/multi ports
- UPSes (Uninterrupted Power Supplies) with working batteries (only)
- Graphing calculators
- Working and nonworking cell phones
Macs: The only Chapter where we accept working G4 LAPTOPS and above, tablets and iPhones is at 936 Nantasket Ave, Hull, Mass. 02045 USA. We also accept all Intel CPU based Apple laptops and desktops at Hull. All computers must be in working in condition. If it's not working, please contact WCE.
How to tell if your computer is a Pentium 4
Usually there is a small sticker on the right front of your computer toward the bottom of the face of your computer that says "Pentium 4" or "Duo Core"