Tuesday, February 12th
Annual Meeting of Members and 99th Meeting of WCE Board of Directors
2:15 – 3:45 PM Eastern Time Zone
- Annual Meeting [Votes]: 15 minutes
- Election of WCE Officers [Vote]: 5 minutes
- Minutes of 98th Board meeting [Vote]: 5 minutes
- Puerto Rico: 30 minutes
- CEO Report: Inspire Girls, Field Associates, Shipping, MOUs, Partner [Vote]: 15 minutes
- Treasurer’s Report: 15 minutes
- Any Other Business: 5 minutes
Annotated Agenda for Annual Meeting of Members and 99th Meeting of the Board of Directors
Annual Meeting: Any amendments to the by-laws, election of Board members and members of International Advisory Council to 3 year terms. Special thanks to Richard Gingras of Google as he retires from the Board and Dr. Henry Thairu of Kenya as he retires from the Council.
Minutes: December 2018: 99th Board Meeting (December Minutes)
- 2019 Work Plan and Budget for Puerto Rico with list of groups met with and accomplishments
- Memorandum of Understanding with Fundacion Kinesis (strategic ally list pasted at end of Work Plan) (WCE Board member Jose Enrique Fernandez is Chairman of this organization)
- 20/22 Act Foundation project for 2019
- Report on visit to new computer refurbishing space at Padre Rufo School funded by 20/22 Act Foundation and Ciudadela
- Computer Science for All – Puerto Rico (CS4All-PR): WCE CEO is member of small management team, helping incorporate them, included in proposal to National Science Foundation, helped professional development in computer science for 30 teachers: see letter from University of Puerto Rico
- Seeking schools interested in WCE computers
- Wondering how to re-activate Department of Education interest in working with WCE in 28 vocational schools
- Ready to hire part-time intern
- Field Associates (11): Shipments : Liberia (484 arrived), Ethiopia (20 pending), Kenya (300 pending), Mali (50 pending), Sierra Leone (75 pending), Zambia (300 pending)
- Inspire Girls: Jacqueline Terasconi, Seavey Joyce communications intern has just started (Inspire Girls, Shipments & social media)
- Shipping: FY´19: 680 of 1,800 goal to date: Bangladesh (4), Ethiopia ( ), Ghana ( ), Guatemala (4), Haiti (4) (10), India (17), Liberia (484), Mali (2), Nicaragua (15), Puerto Rico ( ), Rwanda (2), Tanzania (12) (54) (61) (11). PRIOR: FY´18: 744. FY´17: 635. FY´16: 1,894. FY´15: 225. FY´14: 64. FY´13: 2,201.
- Memorandum of Understanding with INDESEEM to develop joint grant proposal to work in Liberia with our Field Associate [Vote]
- Partners (0) [Vote]:
- FY’18: pre-audit financial report, cash-only comparison with last fiscal year, status of audit
- FY´19: financial report for 2 months, balance sheet and P&L by Class
- Report on annual Friends & Family campaign
- Review of employment agreements and WCE personnel policy
Other Business: Please help us complete our annual WCE Friends & Family Campaign Mid-November to Mid-January. We have raised $5,400 to date.
Future Meetings: Second Tuesdays from 2:15-3:45 PM Eastern (Please let Timothy know if you foresee a problem with any date): February 12 (Annual), April 9, June 11 (Budget), September 10, December 10
WCE MISSION: To reduce the digital divide for youth in developing countries; to use our global network of partnerships to enhance communities in these countries; and to promote the reuse of electronic equipment and its ultimate disposal in an environmentally responsible manner.