Our Chapters are the backbone of our work. Headquartered in the Boston-area, WCE has 10 Chapters in the United States and Canada and a new one in Puerto Rico. Above you can see some volunteers from our Washington/Baltimore Chapter finishing packing a container of refurbished computers.
The volunteers of our Chapters play the following roles:
- Recruiting people to donate computers
- Loading computers with our educational content pack
- Recycling any dead equipment with a recylcer that is certified with R2 or eStewards
- Helping WCE with local fundraising, press, content development, eCorps trips, and with our eWaste or C4G initiatives
- Provide tech skills training to local youth and involve them in work with overseas schools. Read more about our Youth Tech Leadership project….
You will meet great people through volunteering at one of our Chapters while helping to make a difference for youth in developing countries.
Click on the links below to join a Chapter. Or if there’s not one near you and you’re interested in starting a chapter, please email Pamela Cooney at: PCooney@WorldComputerExchange.org.
- Washington / Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Miami, FL
- Palouse, ID / WA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Silicon Valley, CA
- Ottawa, ON
- Vancouver, BC
- San Juan, PR
- Caguas, PR
- Jayuya, PR
10 Field Associates
As part of our Sustainable eWaste initiative, WCE is starting to grow Chapters in countries where we provide services. We have hired 10 Field Associates to help sell WCE services and develop a local WCE Chapter in Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Rwanda, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. We are looking next in Tanzania and Uganda. Read more…