Our chapters are the backbone of our work. Headquartered in the Boston-area, WCE has 10 chapters. Above you can see some volunteers from our Washington/Baltimore Chapter finishing packing a container of refurbished computers.
The volunteers of our chapters play the following roles:
- Recruiting people to donate computers
- Loading computers with our educational content pack
- Recycling any dead equipment from our process with a recylcer that is certified with R2 or eStewards
- Helping WCE with local fundraising, press, content development, eCorps trips, and with our eWaste or C4G initiatives
- Provide tech skills training to local youth and involve them in work with overseas schools. Read more about our Youth Tech Leadership project….
You will meet great people through volunteering at one of our chapters while helping to make a difference for youth in developing countries.
Click on the links below to join a chapter. Or if there’s not one near you and you’re interested in helping to start a chapter, please email Pamela Cooney at: PCooney@WorldComputerExchange.org.
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Monrovia, Liberia
- Nairobi, Kenya (pending)
- Ottawa, Canada
- Philadelphia, PA
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Silicon Valley, CA
- Washington / Baltimore, MD
School Refurbishing Clubs
11 Field Associates
WCE has started to develop chapters in developing countries. We have hired 11 part-time Field Associates to represent WCE, help our partners, provide training, repair computers, and then to develop a local WCE chapter Read more…
- Nigeria (2)
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Uganda (pending)