We very much appreciate the many companies, universities, agencies, nonprofits, libraries and individuals that regularly donate computers and other gear to us.
If we have a Chapter near you, you can arrange a time to drop-off your equipment. Some Chapters have volunteers who can make pick-ups of 8 full sets of computers or more. We appreciate a financial donation if we are making a pick-up.
No Chapter nearby? You can mail your working Dual Core or more recent desktop or laptop computer to: World Computer Exchange, 936 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, Massachusetts 02045 and we will send you a receipt for you to use if you itemize your taxes.
If you have a large technology donation, contact Info@WorldComputerExchange.org and we will try to make arrangements to get your donation and provide you with tax receipts in Canada or the USA.
Gear we can use – working only please
- Computers: Working Duo Core or above PC desktops and laptops (with their power adapters) and tablets
- Monitors: LCD flat screen (only)
- USB Keyboards: English, French, and Spanish
- USB Mice, cables and power cords
- Scanners with cables and software
- Network gear: working network switches, routers, and hubs,
- EtherNet cards and cable
- Digital projectors and digital microscopes for school computer labs
- Webcams for school computer labs and digital cameras
- Microphones and earphones
- Extra RAM (512 Megs and above)
- Recent internal and external DVD drives
- Extra Hard Drives for laptops or desktops (minimum 80 gigs)
- USB thumb drives and USB hub/multi ports
- UPSes (Uninterrupted Power Supplies) with working batteries (only)
- Graphing calculators
- Working and nonworking cell phones with their adapters
The WCE Chapter in Hull, Massachusetts accepts Mac iPhones, tablets, and laptops.
How to tell if your computer is a Dual Core or above
Usually there is a small sticker on the right front of your computer toward the bottom of the face of your computer that says “Duo Core”. Processors that followed the Dual Core are also acceptable. These include in the Intel Family: Core 2 QuadCore, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7. In the AMD family they include: AMD 64bit, AMD Athlon 64 and 64 x2, AMD Phenon, AMD A4, A6,A8 and A 10. If you are unsure, please contact the local Chapter with the make and model
If you have a computer or equipment that is not on our list and you cannot find another home for it, please dispose of it properly rather than place it in the trash.
Many municipalities now have programs to recycle computers that recovers valuable metals keeps the many toxic metals and other parts out of landfills. There is often a small charge for proper disposal. Contact your local recycling coordinator or Department of Public Works for more information.