109th Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 8
2:15-3:45 PM EST
Mission: To reduce the digital divide for youth in developing countries; to use our global network of partnerships to enhance communities in these countries; and to promote the reuse of electronic equipment and its ultimate disposal in an environmentally responsible manner.
Future Meetings: Second Tuesdays from 2:15-3:45 PM Eastern (Please let Timothy know if you foresee a problem with any date): February 9 (Annual Meeting and Signing Authority), April 13 (draft Work Plan), June 8 (Work Plan, Budget and Letter of Appointment for Field Associates), September 14 (prep for Friends & Family), December 14 (Board & Council Nominations)
- General Check-In : 15 minutes
- Approval of Minutes: 2 minutes
- Treasurer’s Report: 10 minutes
- Plan for Projects: 30 minutes
- Fundraising Strategy: 20 minutes
- Nominee Recruitment for Board & Council: 6 minutes
- Partner Approval: 2 minutes
- Other Business: 5 minutes
1. General Check-In
2. Minutes Approval: [VOTE] (September Minutes)
3. Treasurer’s Report: simplified Financial Report and Balance Sheet for first five months, quarterly estimated revenue projections, report on results on annual Friends & Family campaign, and report on annual independent audit for FY’20 Financials Do you prefer just these fewer numbers or having them with graphics?
4. Plan for Projects: Discussion of substantial changes in organization (Plan for Projects) Do you prefer just this plan or having it with graphics in a power point presentation?
5. Fundraising Strategy: Discussion of rough estimate revenue projections for above Plan for Projects (Fundraising Strategy)
6. Nominees: Discussion of potential nominees for Board and Council for February Annual Meeting
7. Partner Approval: [VOTE]
CAMEROON (1): Cameroon Education Cooperation seeks 10 computers so connect youth in three schools: CRC Remedial Nursery and Primary School (CRC, Rem), Remedial Bilingual Comprehensive Secondary School (RBCSS), Remedial Teacher Training College (RTTC). The sponsor for this shipment is The Links Foundation that has previously been a partner in Haiti. Amount Deposited: $1,435.94. (Implementation Plan) Contact: Marie-Alix Kima. [WCE Development Officers for Cameroon: Steve Cayford, Thibeau Djoumbissie, Blaise Dondji Ph.D, Yumi Masuoka, Alex Mbianda, William Tita Ph.D. and Bob Waxer (RPCV). WCE Regional Manager for Central Africa: Sarah Pouezevara. ] in eNews and summary
8. Other Business
FY’21 Shipping To-Date: Cameroon (10), Kenya (208 PAID), Puerto Rico (50),