Please briefly answer the 10 questions below if you are ordering fewer than 100 computers. We have separate questions if you are ordering more than 100 computers. Please copy the following questions into an email or Word document and write your answers directly under each question. Please do not use Excel nor send us a PDF. Send the questions and your answers to: Partner@WorldComputerExchange.org (please note we do not provide computers for individuals nor for schools or groups in the USA or Canada.)
1. What is your plan for the use of these computers? Please let us know if you have any special programs for ensuring girl access to computers. Are any of the following involved with your project: Peace Corps, iEARN, or Rotary?
2. How many computers are you seeking and what level? Please select from our costs page. Please let us know if you want Windows operating system that has problems with viruses ~ or ~ the Linux Ubuntu operating system, Libre/Office suite, Edubuntu educational software, and our content pack (see CONTENT link) of education, agriculture, health, environment, and technology. In 2019, we began loading a content pack that includes twice what we loaded before. Our content pack is not available with Windows. We will send you our reasons for recommending Ubuntu to avoid viruses and how you can still save in Word and Excel.
3. What is the name of your organization and your physical address and contact information at the site(s) where these computers will be installed? Please also include your website address, charity registration number, and date of charitable registration if you have these.
4. How many different youth up to age 24 do you estimate will use these computers per year? How many of these will be female? You can also let us know how many adults you estimate will use them.
5. How and when do you expect that these computers will be connected to the internet? What % will be connected by the end of year one and what % by the end of year two?
6. Who will repair the computers when they need it? This includes at installation, after their long trip 5-10% usually need minor repairs.
7. What was your overall budget for last year?
8. Where or with what specific company will you dispose of the computer equipment when it no longer works?
9. How will you raise the funds (see COSTS link) needed to cover our costs to gather, refurbish, load content, pack, store, and ship your computers to you?
10. Are you going to charge any fees to youth for the use of these computers? if yes, how much?
Please let us know your questions.