Thank you for your interest in a shared shipment to help connect more youth in your country to the internet. You can use this short form of our questions if you are ordering fewer than 100 computers.
Please include the name of your organization, contact information, and briefly answer the following questions directly under each question – and please leave the questions also.
Please paste this in an email and send it to: Partner@WorldComputerExchange.org
- What is your plan for the use of these computers? Please let us know if you have any special programs for ensuring girl access to computers. Are any of the following involved with your project: Peace Corps, iEARN, or Rotary?
- How many computers are you seeking? Please select from our cost page. Please let us know if you want Windows XP operating system that has problems with viruses ~ or ~ the Linux Xubuntu operating system, Libre/Office suite, Edubuntu educational content, and our content pack of education, agriculture, health, environment, and technology. We will send you our reasons for recommending Xubuntu and a summary of our content pack.
- What is the physical address and contact information at the site(s) where these computers will be installed? Please also include your website address, charity registration number, and date of charitable registration if you have these.
- How many different youth up to age 24 do you estimate will use these computers per year? How many of these will be female?
- How and when do you expect that these computers will be connected to the internet? What % will be connected by the end of year one and what % by the end of year two?
- Who will repair the computers when they need it? (For example, at installation, up-to 10% usually need minor repairs after their shipment.)
- What was your budget for last year?
- Where (or with what company) specifically will you dispose of the computer equipment when it no longer works?
- How did you hear of World Computer Exchange?
- Are you going to charge any fees to youth for the use of these computers? (if yes, how much?)
Please let us know your questions.